Do’s and Don’ts of a wardrobe when you are 40 with curves?
One important rule is not to look like you are trying too hard to look younger. I know it is difficult to accept but unfortunately dressing like we did in our 20’s just isn’t going to compliment you.Here are some Do’s and Don’ts; just some guidelines, for women 40 + and if you are 40 + with a curvy, plus size figure. Take what you want from them of course.
- Don’t buy clothes that do not flatter you. Ok so it is “on trend” right now but it is very important to know what looks good on you.
- Mix and Match. Find clothes that you know you can wear with more than one other item of clothing. Today's fashion is not about matching like for like colours.
- Cheap Fabrics can look and feel cheap. As well as this, they usually are not flattering and don’t last very long. They don’t wash well, generally they will loose shape and that piece of clothing that you purchased can look like a piece of fabric you would dust your house with.
- Don’t mix a tight skirt or pants with a tight top. Aim to have either a tight skirt with a loser top or vice versa. This works with curves as well.
- Know your style! Understand your body type.
- Have quality clothes hanging in your wardrobe. This doesn’t necessarily have to cost you a fortune.
- Have some "Basics" or 'Essentials" in your wardrobe
- You want to be “on trend” that is not a problem. When you find your style that works with your body type, you can find flattering clothes that will match that trend.
- Look Chic and Stylish. This doesn’t mean that you need to dress like you are going to a wedding. Casual wear can look perfect.
- For those curves and plus size figures, accentuate them! Print’s and Patterns! Dark Colour on the bottom and a lighter colour on the top! A blazer over the top will look fabulous and will cover your round tummy and round arms.
- Wear skirts or dresses that are just above or on top of the knee.
- Accessories - bags, belts, jewellery and hats. They can make a real difference to your outfit.
- Last but certainly not least, a pair of shoes! Mid high heels can look fabulous.
At Look at Mee, we aim to solve your everyday wardrobe problems. Quality women’s clothes for your every day occasion. Easy to wear, flattering and affordable clothes for the plus size figure. Clothes that will cover round tummies, round arms and flatter your hips and bottom area. We look for clothes that that we hope will be a part of your wardrobe.